Your move is our passion!
Moving to Bali is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge.
When we moved, we realised just how difficult it was to gain a good understanding on how things worked and we discovered there was a lot of ‘unspoken’ information and information that was not always easy to obtain.
By living here, we have learnt a great deal about expat life from choosing a school and extra curricular opportunities for children to finding a good doctor and opening a bank account.
We can explain the different expat communities of Bali including Sanur, Canggu and Ubud and the pros and cons of each. Address your concerns for safety, transport and how the visas work.
We are eager to share this invaluable experience with other families considering or planning a move to Bali.
Its all about giving you honest feedback to suit your needs so you can have the right information to make informed decisions.
Email your contact number and time zone and we can do a free 15 minute call discussing your needs and more about the service.
What can we offer?
- Initial chat to gain a better understanding of your needs and background – find out your ‘why’
- Phone and video consulting session to cover key topics and answer your questions
- Extensive family living information guide, living expenses, personal budget and essential checklists
- Personal trusted contacts such as visa agent, babysitters, doctor, dentist, rental agents, relocation specialist etc
Some topics we can discuss with you include:
- Short-term and long-term housing options (furnished and unfurnished)
- Best location to live and information about the neighbourhood
- Child Care
- Nannies and babysitters
- Practical financial advice including cost of living, opening a local bank account, transferring money, credit cards
- Health insurance and medical information
- Transport and getting around
- Pre-departure planning
- Cultural information to assist with fitting into local life
- General cost of living and budgets
Who has used our service?
Maudie and her family were seeking a new adventure and successfully moved to Bali in 2018 with the help from our service. They had travelled to Bali on holidays many times but understood the expat life is completely different. Some of the help they got covered renting a villa in a good, safe, neighbourhood, as well as international childcare centre options for her daughter and transport.
Some example topics Maudie covered with us include:
- Initial landing pad for first 6 weeks
- Villa options and neighbourhood safety
- Family Health
- Visa types and costs
- Transport and getting around
- Child care centres and expat playgroups
- What to pack and what you cant get there
- What sorts of things are available on the island
- Where to buy groceries
- Family budget on everything from electricity and wifi to staff wages and rent
- Contacts such as a trusted and reliable visa agent
We love chatting to other expat families who have moved to Bali for so many different reasons. We have documented over 20 interviews so far and growing. Click here to read answers to questions like work in Bali, describe your typical day, how do you find the locals, what do you least like, your best moments and much more.
Apart from families we can also assist those looking to retire in Bali for a cheaper lifestyle and lower living costs.
We are offering a unique opportunity to share our extensive local knowledge gleaned through hard work, extensive research and good old-fashioned mistakes made along the way!
We would love you to make the move to Bali with us.